As transition weekend approaches and your TD Ameritrade accounts are converted to Charles Schwab accounts, you're going to want to make sure your ducks are in a row to ensure a seamless transition. "Conversion weekend," as they say, is this weekend (Labor Day weekend 2023) and during this weekend you will not have digital access to your TD Ameritrade accounts from Friday, September 2nd until the transition is complete on Tuesday, September 5th.
Starting September 5th, you will use Schwab Alliance to log in and view all your investment accounts. By now, you should have already created Schwab Alliance login credentials. If you have not, visit the Schwab Alliance login page and create your new Schwab credentials by clicking the 'New User?' hyperlink. If you already have Schwab credentials, no action is required as your TD accounts will be automatically linked to your existing Schwab credentials.
Please note that view access to your family's assets will be lost during the transition. View access instructions can be reestablished post-conversion. Initially, you will only be able to view accounts that list you as an owner. For instructions on how to add an authorized viewer to your Schwab account, click here.
In preparation for this transition, Sierra Pacific Financial Advisors, LLC (SPFA) is teaming up with Charles Schwab to offer a webinar series introducing the Schwab Alliance platform for our clients. Joining us for this webinar is our Schwab partner, Jake Romeo. Jake will lead a tutorial on the Schwab Alliance website and answer any questions you may have.
Replays of the webinar will be available to registrants, so visit our events page to register!
- Client Welcome Hub. Contains all the information to guide you through the transition, including a detailed timeline and FAQs on a range of integration-related topics.
- Schwab Alliance overview. Watch this short video for an overview of the Schwab Alliance platform.
- Client Learning Center. This website provides simple visual instructions that make it easy for you to leverage Schwab Alliance to access account information, approve requests, and more.
- If I have both retail and advised accounts, will I be able to see all of my accounts in Schwab Alliance?
- Yes. All of your Schwab accounts will be viewable in Schwab Alliance. The view is slightly different based on the type of account selected (retail versus advised).
- Does Schwab Alliance offer a mobile deposit feature?
- Yes. You can deposit checks directly into their Schwab accounts through the Schwab Alliance mobile app.
- Can I grant view-only access to Schwab Alliance for other interested parties?
- Yes. You can invite other interested parties to access your accounts. A separate user ID and password must be established for any user who needs access to the website.
Additionally, should you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to contact Jacob Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or via call/text at 925-694-1062.