Glen joined SPFA as the director of financial planning. In his role, he develops comprehensive plans addressing all facets of financial planning including retirement, investment, tax, estate and risk management/insurance. His planning methodology factors in the interdependencies between all the elements of a client’s financial status and goals to create a sound financial strategy.
As a seasoned professional with more than 15 years in finance, Glen has extensive experience and a strong educational background in financial planning, which nicely combines with his passion for problem solving. Prior to joining SPFA, Glen:
- Served as a senior product manager at Fiserv, responsible for product definition, planning, implementation and deployment of a stochastic financial-analysis solution. The product was successfully launched by a Fortune 500 financial services company as financial planning tools.
- Worked as a financial planner at SGC Financial, focusing on financial plan development, recommendations and implementation strategies.
- Earned the following degrees and designations:
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning (with distinction) - University of California at Berkeley
- M.B.A (concentrated in Finance) - California State University, East Bay
- B.S. Electrical Engineering - California State University at Long Beach
As part of the team at SPFA, Glen appreciates the the systemic planning process established at the firm to ensure clients obtain the utmost comprehensive and accurate financial plans. He enjoys a planning process that embraces steps of discovering goals, identifying potential obstacles, developing recommendations, implementing strategies, and maximizing the probability of helping clients accomplish their financial objectives.
In his spare time, Glen enjoys being outdoors, bicycle riding, skiing or kayaking. Growing up in Newport Beach, CA, he developed an affinity for sport activities. He also likes attending sporting events, including Stanford football and his daughter’s soccer games. In his discretionary time, Glen provides pro bono financial advice.