Janet is the founder and the president of Sierra Pacific Financial Advisors, LLC (SPFA), an independent fee-only Register Investment Advisory (RIA) that focuses on financial planning, wealth management and corporate retirement planning. Janet oversees operations, client relations, business development and strategic planning for SPFA. She leads the investment committee at SPFA to define comprehensive planning strategies and sophisticated investment solutions for clients. She is also responsible for advanced employer retirement planning for small-to-mid size companies.
Starting out as a financial analyst, Janet discovered early on that she preferred personal finance over a Wall Street career. After more than 20 years of working in financial planning and wealth management services, Janet is still passionate about building personal relationships with clients and helping them achieve their definition of success. She measures her own success by her clients’ ability to accomplish their financial goals. Prior to founding SPFA in 2005, Janet:
- Served as a financial advisor at Freed & Myers Wealth Management, Inc in Chevy Chase, Maryland, one of top wealth management firms in the United States, as ranked by Bloomberg Wealth Manager Magazine
- Served as a financial associate at Cambridge Associates LLC, a worldwide investment-consulting firm
- Earned the following degrees and designations:
- Certified Financial Planner™ designation, Certified Financial Planner Professional Program - College for Financial Planning
- B.S. Finance and International Business - University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business
Janet has been actively involved in several national and local professional associations. She is a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), Women in Pension Network (WiPN), and California Society of CPAs (CalCPA).
Janet has been featured numerous times as a guest speaker on KTSF TV26 Talk Tonight show to speak about the value of financial planning. She has also been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Investment News, Dowjones.com and The Street.com on various financial topics.
Being a part of the dynamic and professional team at SPFA, Janet appreciates the team efforts of her dedicated and talented colleagues who deliver a high-level standard of financial services with their personal commitment.
Janet is an avid golfer. When she has spare time on weekends, she squeezes in a few hours to golf with members at Blackhawk Country Club. She also enjoys taking Zumba classes in the gym, skiing in Lake Tahoe, and traveling around the globe to explore different cultures, history and architecture.