Yun Cho Messina, FRM®
Financial Planning Associate, Wealth Advisor
Yun is passionate about helping individuals manage their financial resources fruitfully and purposefully as an entrusted financial steward. She joined SPFA as a wealth advisor to fulfill her passion. Yun develops a financial roadmap which considers individual objectives, income requirements, unique needs and tax situations to help people achieve their life purpose. She has years of work experience and knowledge in institutional investment management.
Prior to joint SPFA, Yun:
- Served as a fixed income and equity operations associate for Brandywine Global Investment Management
- Worked as a trading assistant for Cargill’s Black River Asset Management
- Earned and holds the following degrees and certifications:
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification offered by Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- MBA in Finance from Case Western Reserve University
Yun completed the Personal Financial Planning certificate program from the University of California Berkeley Extension. She is also a member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) San Francisco Chapter. She is currently pursuing her CFP® designation.
Outside of work, Yun likes hiking while listening audiobooks, biking with her family, camping, skiing, and singing choir songs with her two young children. She serves at her local church as a spiritual counselor for children and youth. She supports and volunteers for Cub Scouting, Young Women’s Choral Projects of San Francisco.